Friday, March 9, 2007

First Ultrasound!!

We saw a heartbeat today!!! Happy Birthday Derrick!!!!

We had our first appointment today (Derrick's Birthday) and we got to see the wonderful heartbeat!! It was a very strong 143 beats per minute and we couldn't be happier!! It made it feel even more real just having proof that there is really life growing inside me!! Doc says everything looks good, and said to come back in 1 month!! We celebrated our news and Derrick's birthday at Red Lobster today, Derrick's favorite!! We also had our first prenatal class a couple days ago, "healthy beginings". Lots of information I already knew, but I've waited so long to get pregnant, I want to do everything, good for derrick to be well informed as well!! They gave us a whole bunch of goodies, lots of free samples, reading material, and a recipe for homemade baby wipes!!! I always wanted to do that, can't wait! Well i think this was the best Birthday Derrick's ever had!!!! We saw our miracle today!!!

3 Comments:

At March 11, 2007 at 11:50 AM , Blogger AlaskatoIreland said...

Hi Melissa and Derrick.

CONGRATULATIONS! I wish I could be there to hug you both and jump up and down and shed a few tears of joy. Oh well, I guess I will have to wait. Next time I see you will probably be late spring. I think I'm going to try and be there for Carter Boy's graduation. I'm trying to plan my vacation time strategically, because it takes so long to earn! And I will definitely be around in late December this year, unlike last year, and not just so I can see you with your wee one who will be 2-3 months old by then. I'm so excited for you both, and I think this blog is really great (and brave). I will call you regularly to check in and also to see how I can support you from this distance. I sure am excited for you beautiful people. And just think, it's only going to get better. I love you both so very much. Your cuz and your cuz-in-law and your baby's cuz-aunt, Liz.

PS--Your baby is going to be so cute. I can't even imagine how hard it's going to be to not squeeze his or her little cheeks. goo goo gee gee ge ge ge...yito baby...awwwwwww....

 
At March 12, 2007 at 2:46 PM , Blogger Carol E. said...

Hi, you two. This is cool, to get all this info so quickly. I pulled out my ruler to see how long 99 cm is. Duh! It's .99 cm. That's pretty tiny! Amazing that you could already hear the heart beat. Congratulations!

 
At March 15, 2007 at 9:56 PM , Blogger The O'Malleys said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for the two of you!! So since the sex of the baby is going to be a surprise...are you going to share possible names?! Take care of yourself mama!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home