Saturday, March 3, 2007

It's a miracle!!

We're Pregnant!!

After being friends for over 13 years, together for 10, married for 2 1/2, we're finally having a baby!! I am still in total shock, I can't believe God answered my prayers! We found out on Valentine's Day!! This is truly a miracle baby!! I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and women that have this have a lot of trouble getting pregnant! Infertility is the #1 problem with PCOS along with a long list of other things like weight issues, irregular periods, ovulation problems and more! We tried for over 6 years with lots of breaks in between to be on birth control to regulate my cycle. It has truly been a difficult process but so worth it. I'm so excited to start this journey to Motherhood!!! Derrick is beside himself, he is so excited to be a Father! Every once and a while he'll say, "I still can't believe your pregnant"! I can't believe it either!

1 Comments:

At March 11, 2007 at 11:57 AM , Blogger AlaskatoIreland said...

Yay for miracles. Isn't the creation of a new life just incredible? I remember being at the doctor with my Mom once and she was asking the doc, "OK, I know the sperm + egg = baby, but HOW do the cells know how to divide?" The doctor, one of the smartest doctors I've ever met, instead of saying "genetic program code" or whatever, said something like, that's what we don't really know, that's the magic part, that's the miracle part.

So anyway, congratulations on your magic miracle, congratulations on being part of the wonderful world of re-creation of life, congratulations to Melissa on being at this point of optimal health, and congratulations to Derrick for his part in the matter. :) I love you two so much, and I am so excited: I can't be there now, so I guess I'll have to e-be there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home